Does your child spend their time on their smartphone all day scrolling social media posts? then you probably need this article to read.
According to a report, 23.8% of children use a smartphone while in bed before bedtime. The thing to note is that the age of the children is only 4 to 7 years.
We need to focus on the time your kids spend on smartphones. Because if you do not pay attention yet then it becomes a big problem for your children.
Side effects of social media use for children
- Insomnia – The heavy use of social media affects a hormone called Melatonin. It is the only hormone that indicates your brain when to sleep or wake.
- Loneliness & Depression – Studies have shown that children and teens who use the Internet a lot. and spend less time interacting face-to-face, resulting in depression and loneliness.
- Irritability – Social media algorithms show interesting content, they will show your child another child playing with toys and having fun. Which causes irritability.
- Malnutrition – Due to smartphones and social media, Most children skip meals on time and do not get enough nutrition. This is because they spend most of their time staring at the phone screen and that becomes Malnutrition.
- Expectation Disorder – If children see other children playing with expensive toys, they will certainly expect those toys from their parents. If the parents are rich then they have no problem, but if they are poor then the chances of having expectation disorder are more.
How to stop your kids from using social media?
We don’t suggest beating your son or daughter, because beating is not a solution. Specifically, we will share with you these 2 tips to get your child rid of the things social media is used to.
Explore New Places with Your Kids
We know it sounds strange but in fact, it is the best solution for your kids to get rid of smartphone addiction. Exploring new places and interacting and playing with new kids can change your mind. Plus, kids learn patience and focus on collecting wonderful memories.
Buy a Puzzle For Kids
It is a good idea to buy a puzzle for your kids, working on a puzzle strengthens the connections between children’s brain cells. In other words, it improves mental speed and is an effective way to improve short-term memory.
Scientifically: Puzzles increase the production of dopamine, a chemical that regulates mood, memory, and concentration. Dopamine is released with each success as we solve the puzzle.
In the end, smartphones have bad effects as well as some good ones. But using a smartphone at the age of 4 to 7 is very bad for you kids.
If we missed something, please comment below!